*

1930's boat brooch

I love this 1930's brooch I found a while back made from very early plastic - I would also love a serene pale pink sailboat to cruise out of London's current heatwave.


  I found this in an indoor fleamarket in Arundel, a pretty and very quintessentially English town in West Sussex brimming with tea rooms and enjoyable tweeness.  I took a gang from London for my birthday and we had a superb day exploring old churches, rummaging in bookshops, trying some of the excellent rustic fodder at The Swan and ending the night with bargain whiskies before jumping on the last train home.


Arundel also has this utterly majestic castle - although a walk around it after dark for some reason suddenly gave me the jitters, my overactive imagination made me convinced I was going to see a headless ghost / hooded monk, or perhaps even a headless monk, so I scarpered back to the glow of the high street.  It looks like a fabulous place to visit in daylight hours though (if you can stretch to the killer £20 entry fee)



No comments:

Post a Comment